Sunday, October 3, 2010

I have arrived!

10 hours crossing the Mongolia-Russia border and a night train  payed off and I finally arrived in Ulaanbaatar after 6 weeks of travel. Happy to be able to stay still for a while and looking forward to soaking in Mongolia for the next 10ish months.

I am now settling in with my host family Tsevendorj (dad), Monkejargal (mom), and Solongo (sis). I have enjoyed a few broken conversations in mongolian with Monkejargal and Tsevendorj and look forward to improving my Mongolian to better our communications.  Turns out Monkejargal is a great cook and i've already sampled a slew of mongolian dishes ranging from boiled mutton with potatoes, fried mutton dumplings, vegetable soup (with mutton), and mutton stir-fry. Fortunately, I am fond of mutton.


my new neighborhood


Nogoitsai shol (vegetable soup)
Monkejargal cooking up khoshuur (fried mutton dumplings)
 

Hope everyone enjoyed sharing this trip with me. I will continue posting pics of my stay in Mongolia as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment