Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My host family shared with me a few of their photo albums full of striking old black and whites.

Monke egchee's mother pregnant with her first child. Also in the picture is a friend of the family (left) and the father (right). 

On a side note, calling someone by the first half of their name followed by older sister/ brother (egchee/ akhaa) is a respectful form, similar to Mrs or Mr. Was not familiar with this until my first week, but fortunately my host family is understanding of such differences.

Munkejargal (my host mom) the youngest in the picture
Tsevendorg (host father)
Tsevendorj (bottom right) during his mandatory service in the military
Tsevendorj
Tseven akh and Monke egch on their wedding day. Notice that the family is already in the process of growing to three.
At several points during the wedding the couple drink out of a silver bowl wrapped in a prayer flag.


No comments:

Post a Comment